Monday, March 31, 2008

My Big Adventure

Omigosh! I know that isn't "cat-speak," but there's nothing else to describe what's been going on with me!

Friday afternoon, Treater and Napper finally brought me home from the v-e-t. My house did not look the same. Everything was gone. The only place to hide that I could find was behind the toilet. That tile floor isn't very comfortable for cat-napping, but I was too uneasy to sleep well anyway.

On Sunday afternoon, Treater and Napper came home from the place called "church" and began rolling suitcases and bags out the door. Uh-oh. Seeing suitcases is not a good sign. Next thing I know, Napper cornered me in the bathroom, and that usually means "cat carrier time." I just got back from the v-e-t...I didn't want to go again!!

Treater put me in the big car with her, and off we went. We drove farther than the v-e-t's office...hmmm. That was weird. I kept talking to Treater asking her to please take me home, but we just kept going. I looked out all of the peep-holes, but I didn't see anything I recognized. Then I heard Napper's voice, but he wasn't in the big car (Note from Treater: we were communicating on the walkie-talkies.)! He said something about meeting at the rest-stop. We stopped, and Treater parked his truck next to us. He got inside the big car and talked to me, but I didn't feel like talking. This was abnormal behavior for those two...and they've got me on "behavior modification" drugs?! Then Treater got back in the car and we started going again. I finally curled up in the corner for a mini-cat-nap.

Then we got to another stopping place and Treater carried me into a strange place filled with boxes and paper and...our missing furniture!! She made me stay in the carrier while she and Napper carried in more stuff. Then they put me in a strange bathroom with my food, water, and litter box and shut the door and left!

When they finally came back, they let me out and I did some "low-rider-exploring." (That's what Treater calls it when I'm scared and crouch low to the ground. Yeah, she's weird.) I finally found a spot behind the dryer that looked safe to me and I stayed there until the folks went to bed.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out, and how long we're staying here, but I'm definitely not liking it right now. I have found another safe place behind the entertainment center and I'm staying here for now.

One good thing: the anoles are out on the patio where I can watch them, and there's a frog inside here. Good entertainment!


goldenshade said...

That was a big adventure. Wow, lots to look at and all those new smells. Are you going again or are you staying there?

Seems pretty safe but good job with the belly-knee-elbow walk. You have to be careful at first.

Can't wait for an update. Good luck!

Daisy said...

Are you MOVING!?!?! That's pretty scairty. "Low-rider exploring" is a very good term; I do that myself. I think that low, slinky position keeps you safe.

Junior said...

Wow! What an adventure! I bet things will settle down and you will like this new place in no time!

Tiggie FOC said...

If you've got anoles and frogs, I think you are going to just fine! I don't blame you for riding low for awhile though. Stay close to the walls when you have to walk between rooms.

Oh sheesh..I sure hope I never have to move.

Adan*Michico said...

This might be the biggest adventure in your life!!!!!!
I think you will be quite fine learning to be with the new things~~