Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My long weekend

Did you see the new link in the sidebar? Be sure to click it and feed the hungry kitties! I found it on The Crew's blog. George wrote about it.


FreeKibbleKat.com


We had all kinds of visitors this weekend! Normally I don't like visitors. I just sniff their hands and then leave. This time, the lady visitor who came on Friday night gave me a scratch. She scratched me in just the right place, so I decided to sit near her feet and make her bend over and keep scratching me. It certainly surprised my people! Napper kept asking me if I felt okay. My people and the visitors left for a long time, but then they came back smelling like FISH! I wonder why the lady with the good scratches didn't think to bring me back some of that good-smelling fish?

Then, Treater's cousin came in to visit. She was so much like Treater that I just curled up at her feet. It might be nice to have two of them around - Treater and Treater's cousin. I might get double treats and Greenies! Then, a really odd thing happened. Treater, Napper, and Treater's cousin all left for a while. When they came back, they smelled like FISH! What is it with these people? If they're gonna be around fish, they oughta be bringing some back to ME!

These visitors weren't so bad. There weren't any mini-visitors. No one tried to pick me up or pull my tail. I might let more visitors come, but someone needs to please bring me some of that good-smelling fish!

Yesterday afternoon, I sprawled out on my footstool and watched Treater clean the 'partment.



Pretty soon, what was on the patio became more interesting than what Treater was doing. The wind was blowing a few leaves around and some of the plants were swaying. Then I spotted something moving.


This big ol' anole was perched on one of the pretend pelicans. He was doing his push-ups. As fast as they run and climb, I thought they'd already be in great physical shape, but I guess the push-ups help, too.


They make Treater laugh when they start "blowing bubbles." She said it reminds her of bubblegum when they do this. I think it's just plain weird.


I've had a very busy four days. I think I'll spend today just taking it easy, after I visit some of my blogging buddies, that is.





4 comments:

LZ said...

Some visitors can be very nice especially when they know how to pet and scritch. Still...fish should have come home with them.

Latte

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I am glad you got some good scritches! but I agree, if they are going to visit that fishy place they really should bring you some back!

That anole is funny blowing bubbles!

Daisy said...

I do not know why lizards are constantly doing pushups, but their arms stay very puny. It is a big riddle.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That anole is very cool! We've never seen a creature like that! We like having visitors - we love meeting new people and getting lots of attention. :)